Everyone wants a healthy and vibrant life with their spouse. We all know that eating healthy foods affects our overall health but let’s focus on how it impacts our sex life. Research suggests that sex burns calories, relieves stress, and helps you sleep better. There is research that has also shown that weight gain, lack of sleep, stress, medical conditions, excessive alcohol and smoking affects your sex drive. Sex Experts say that having the right diet is one of the keys to having a healthy sex drive.
Here are a list of 7 foods to include in your daily diet that will provide a boost in your mood and sexual desire.
1. Avocado- contains high levels of folic acid to boost energy levels. According to research, it also contains vitamin B6 and potassium which helps increase male hormone production.
2. Bananas- great source of potassium and B vitamins to help with overall energy level.
3. Celery- contains a hormone called androsterone that is released through male perspiration and turns women on.
4. Blackberries- According to research, they are incredibly high in antioxidants, which helps to optimize blood flow to the sex organs.
5. Watermelon- known as “the natural Viagra”. Research has shown that it contains high levels of citrulline, an amino acid that enhances mood and increases libido.
6. Pumpkin Seeds- Research shows that pumpkin seeds contain high levels of zinc, which is important for preventing testosterone deficiency in men. They also help boost female sex drive and sustains lubrication.
7. Dark Chocolate- Research has indicated that it contains a “love chemical” called phenylethylamine. Experts believe that it can produce that love feeling. Research also suggests that people who eat chocolate at least once a day have a more active sex life than those who do not.
These foods should be consumed on a routine basis. Invest in your marriage including your sex life daily. Enjoy one another and Bon Appetit!